Last year I build a home server based on the Intel Atom platform. In my second post I mentioned building an HTPC with the same components, but I wasn’t really sure the current Atom processors and Nvidia ION platform could handle video decoding with a full HD resolution. Since a few weeks I’m looking for information how to build an HTPC running XBMC based on the latest Atom processors with Nvidia ION 2. I found this blog and I think I will use more or less the same parts because it’s a very good price/value solution.
I will use the following parts:
- Motherboard: Asus AT5IONT-I (review)
- Case: Jetway JC-110-B
- Hard disk: Western Digital Caviar GreenPower WD20EARS, 2TB
- RAM: 2x Kingston ValueRAM KVR1333D3S9/2G
- Optical drive: Sony NEC Optiarc AD-7700S
- Remote: USB IR Media Remote
The total price is around 300 Euro.
Update March 24: The APlus Cupid 2 wasn’t available any more so I changed to the Jetway JC-110-B.